Monday, August 17, 2009

Vic Chesnutt/Elf Power European Tour Video Episode 1

I got this great email in my box today. The video is really great, so I thought I'd just share the email with you as is:

Hello. This is Jimmy from the band Elf Power. We got to tour Europe this past Spring with Vic Chesnutt in support of our collabaorate album together called Vic Chesnutt, Elf Power and The Amorphous Strums "Dark Developments" Orange Twin Records, 2009). We were in Europe for 3 weeks coming straight off of a REM Tribute show that we played in NYC at Carnegie Hall. Vic had his personal camera with him on the trip and filmed 11 tapes worth of footage while we were on tour (with Laura Carter and myself also filming from time to time, but the footage is 90% shot by Vic himself). After tour, I brought the tapes home and sifted through them. Realizing that whatever I did with them would be way too long to hold the attention span of today's YouTube generation, with the task of editing these tapes into a tour video I decided to break them down into episodes, the first of which can be viewed here:



Episode 1 takes us from NYC to Den Haag, Netherlands with a travel day inbetween. I already have 2 more episodes complete and plan on posting them in intervals, maybe one per month, until the series is complete (i am guessing by the end there will probably be about 8 episodes). It was a fun trip and we're all excited to share the videos with friends and fans.

So why am I telling you all of this? Well, I am just trying to let some people know that this video (and forthcoming series) exists and I am trying to get the word out to whoever is interested. So if anyone would like to post about this anywhere on the world-wide-web then we would apprciate it.

Hope you like the video.

Jimmy - Vic Chesnutt, Elf Power, and The Amorphous Sturms

1 comment:

Brian said...

So sad to hear of Vic Chesnutts death, and am very sorry for all his family, and friends.. Thank you for sharing this. I am in a state of shock

Brian