Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Live Show Review - Punks On Mars/Dinowalrus - Shea Stadium BK Feb 2nd


When I heard that Punks on Mars, the glam punk band I profiled in our Bands That You Should Like feature, would be performing at nearby Shea Stadium I decided to check them out for myself and see how they perform live. I wasn't wrong to liken the band to The Clash either; Sandistina played on and off throughout the night between sets. Both bands I saw were awesome in their own right, and I wish I had gotten there earlier to see the other performances as well, including a DJ set by Diiv bassist Devin Ruben Perez. The crowd thinned out by the time the last openers Dinowalrus finished playing, but I'm still glad I made the trek despite the mild blizzard that hit New York Saturday night (which in all fairness is probably why the crowd was a little small, even for this tiny loft venue). Look out for a live recording of the show on the Shea Stadium website; they record and release every performance at the venue!




-Photos and Story by Joe Waslin

No comments: